Three Rivers School PTA Meeting
November 20, 2019, 1:30 – 2:30pm at Three Rivers School
Attendees: Brandy Odekirk, Jamie Cray, Curtis Cray, Sara Bewley, Karla College, Jane Yates, Mindy Holliday, Corbi Young, Kelly Vance, Jennifer Lester, Erin Murphy, Mrs. McKinney (teacher), Sue (teacher)
Welcome and introductions.
Teacher Input: Mrs. McKinney says that one fundraiser (vs. a bunch of little ones) is much appreciated. Sue has ideas for Santa Craft. She presented and example.
- Financial Report- $2100 in account; $1000 needs to be paid. Various IRS and DOJ documents have been filed.
- Open Positions-
- PR Coordinator
- Events Chair
- 10th Annual Auction—Crosswater might be an option, Jane has a contact and will talk to them.
- Donations Committee- Jamie Cray volunteered.
- Catering/Drinks Committee
- Marketing/Publicity Committee
- Box Tops /Amazon smile: funds go to PTA. Be sure to remember to use these!
- Fall Giving Campaign update-at $2450, goal is $4,500.
- Santa Craft Update: Sara B. is the chair for k-5 and seems to have everything covered. All the stations are decided, and the link for volunteers is up. Erin M. will meet with the Art Teacher and Ms. Macht to finalize plans for the Middle School Santa Crafts.
- Giving Tree Update- Alicia is doing sign up genius for this. It is live and everyone is encouraged to check it out. All gifts need to be dropped off at the school Front Office, wrapped, and addressed to the teacher.
- Auction Update (Kelly)
We are currently looking at various venues, but the SHARC is the most desired. Kelly and Sara will be meeting with the SHARC soon to go over date, details and cost.
School District Business:
- iPads vs textbooks
- Email/Discussion …. Set up questionnaire
- Get Parent 101 scheduled – Mindy talking to Skip
- Student Success Act: Mindy briefed everyone about the survey that the district sent out wanting feedback about how to spend these state funds. She, along with a few other Three Rivers parents, attended a forum where they discussed their thoughts with district officials.
- School Safety meeting- Mindy meeting with Director of School Safety in January to discuss how the district is responding to the increase in gun violence at schools, and to just talk about school safety in general.
- New doors have been installed, mostly good feedback.
- Attendance Area Review Public Meeting- one will be held at TRS Dec. 9 from 4:30-6:30.
PTA Coffee Social– Dec. 13, 8:15-9:30 at Wildwood Coffee